Saturday, October 25, 2008

Charlie the Sock Puppet

I've finally figured out how to get the pictures put into posts...YAY!!!! Now the fun can truly begin. I've had this post written for quite some time...and now you can all read it in it's completed form...pictures and all.


I know...I know. You've all been waiting somewhat impatiently to hear all about this sock puppet named Charlie. Well...ladies and gentlemen...I would like to introduce you to.....

CHARLIE THE SOCK PUPPET!!!

Little Miss Izzo was having a bit of a rough day, so I had the bright idea of distracting her with this sock puppet. I made him my sophomore year at Northwestern for a Theology group project (we did a puppet show). I wasn't using him, so I wasn't worried about him getting dirty or having pieces torn off or even getting lost. He was a HUGE hit!!!! Later I asked Izzo if she thought he needed a name. She said yes and then proudly declared, "His name is Charlie! That's a silly name!" This was followed with lots of giggling.

Here is Izzo...


The Puppet Master!!

A couple days later, she acquired a small plastic and fabric bouquet of purple flowers. They slowly transformed from being a "birthday present" for "Mimi Hoppy Bull Frog" to being Charlie's food. One by one, she pulled each flower off of it's stem and placed it with an excited grin into Charlie's mouth. Charlie, who is normally brought to life by my hand and silly voice, chews it up and promptly and loudly spits the flower back out. The cycle continues.

Oh the joys of being a child, when the simplest things can bring hours of entertainment.

LOVELOVELOVE

1 comment:

April said...

How stinkin' cute is she!!!!! Oh, and Charlie is quite dashing himself. : ) Love ya!