Monday, November 17, 2008

Father Knows Best

So...two posts in one day...crazy...I know.

This is a post that I put up on my myspace last year. I'm seriously considering getting rid of my myspace, but I didn't want to lose this post. So I thought I'd put it up here and share it with all of you.


Originally written 2-24-08

Original Title: The Father Knows Best

God never ceases to amaze me!!!! He knows exactly what you need in every aspect of your life, exactly when you need it.

This week has been incredible for me, despite being insanely busy with school work. Let me share with you.

1) Due to situations that meant that I didn't have to work on Wednesday, I was able to do some much needed preparation for a test, as well as go to chapel for the second time all semester. The president of my school was the speaker for the day, and he talked about listening for God's call in your life, and choosing to follow His call rather than trying to follow your own plan for life. I felt as though he was speaking directly to me. I am in a place of truly looking for God's call on my life, and this message was an incredible encouragement. We ended the chapel service singing the hymn Here I Am, Lord. Here are the lyrics:

I, the Lord of sea and sky,
I have heard My people cry.
All who dwell in dark and sin,
My hand will save.
I who made the stars of night,
I will make their darkness bright.
Who will bear My light to them?
Whom shall I send?

Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.

I, the Lord of snow and rain,
I have born my peoples pain.
I have wept for love of them, They turn away.
I will break their hearts of stone,
Give them hearts for love alone.
I will speak My word to them,
Whom shall I send?

Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.

I, the Lord of wind and flame,
I will tend the poor and lame.
I will set a feast for them,
My hand will save
Finest bread I will provide,
Till their hearts be satisfied.
I will give My life to them,
Whom shall I send?

Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.

The chorus of this song is my life right now. I'm looking at the future, and leaving it all to God to take me where he wants and needs to use me to further His kindgom.

2) Sometimes, you need a health dose of drama to strengthen a relationship. I got that this week, and I am so thankful for it.

3) Today has been incredibly stressful, because I have two huge projects due tomorrow. Being that it is technically still winter, and I am in the artic tundra that is Northwest Iowa, one of my projects got moved back from tomorrow to Wednesday because one of my group members is a commuter and, due to horrible weather and road conditions forcasted for tomorrow, she may not be able to make it. So, as much as I HATE when the weather is gross, it is a huge blessing for me right now. Because the one project got moved back, I've been able to focus more on my other project and be a bit less stressed.

Basically, I don't know what I would do without God and His omnicient timing. I am so blessed to be a daughter of the King!!

LOVELOVELOVE

No comments: