Friday, September 12, 2008

Finally a Night with the Girls!!!

Soooooo...I haven't gotten to spend too much time with my girlfriends since I've been back in Iowa. So sad! But tonight was a ton of fun with Haley and Heidi.

We start with some delicious Chinese cuisine for Haley and I at the fantabulous Scheshwan Inn. (Yes, we do have Chinese restaurants...that's right, restaurants, plural, two to be exact...in our small Dutch town. We got there just in time to be seated before the rush made its way in.

Next we headed back to campus and Heidi joined us to go to a concert...for FREE!!! The free part was good...but the band was what made it so much fun. AG Silver is a rock band made up of four guys from Holland, MI. Let's just say they aren't lacking in the personality department...AT ALL!!! We got to enjoy lots of interesting facial expressions, and an awesome new version of the theme song to "Fresh Prince". Oh, and I can't forget to mention their opener, Josh Schicker. This was the second time I'd seen him (he was on campus a couple years ago). He sang some new songs, and a few off the cd I have of his. Pretty sure I was the only one singing along...but I enjoyed every minute of it :)

After the amazing concert, we headed back to Haley's house to watch Vantage Point, which we all wanted to see when it came out in theaters, but none of us actually saw it. So we figured tonight was the perfect night. Good Movie!!! But you have to pay attention to all the little details...not a movie to watch if you're tired or you don't want to think.

Now I'm home, and it's just a bit late, so I'm thinking I should maybe head to bed. Otherwise, I may not be such good company for Mary at the Farmer's Market tomorrow morning. So goodnight all.

LOVELOVELOVE

No comments: