Friday, March 26, 2010

Diaper Cakes

So....My mom, grandma, aunt and I ventured to Northern California a couple weeks ago to go to my cousin's baby shower. When we got there, my other aunt asked if any of us had ever made a diaper cake. She wanted to make one as a surprise for Cheryse and she had gotten all the "ingredients" and printed directions from the internet. So the three of us dived in head first.
Here it is before decoration:

Then came the decoration. Since they don't know the sex of the baby, they chose green and brown for their colors. Aunt Grace had everything we needed. Here is the finished project as the centerpiece at the shower.

Now...two weeks later, I have another shower...which I won't be able to attend because I have to work. So I decided to try my hand at my own diaper cake. It was a lot of fun to plan what I wanted to go into the cake. Included in my cake are baby powder, bottle, bottle brush, fingernail clippers, washcloths, comb & brush, pacifiers, and travel-size lotion, shampoo, body wash, and desitin. I went the the color scheme of brown and blue for this cake...and here are a few pictures of how it turned out.I can't wait to see the look on mom-to-be's face. :)

If you have a baby shower coming up...a diaper cake is a creative and practical gift that any mom will love. The ingredients aren't set in stone, so you can include whatever you like. Let me know if you want me to make one for you, or want help making one...it's lots of fun.

1 comment:

Josiah and Cheryse said...

THANK YOU again for the wonderful job you did making the cake! It looks like you certainly have a knack for it:D
People sell those y'know *wink wink*