Saturday, January 3, 2009

What A Start To The New Year

Happy New Year...just a couple days late!! I hope this finds you all well.

New Year's Eve was a lot of fun. Mike and I hung out with a bunch of my friends from high school. We spent the night playing all sorts of different games and just spending time together. It was so good to see most of my friends again. Driving home was super scary though. The fog was insanely intense. I was glad Mike was driving and we were in his truck...that made me feel much safer.

New Year's Day we spent just hanging out as a family. We watched the Rose Parade off and on, which is always a good time. We went over to my papa and nana's house for the traditional lunch meal of pigs-in-the-blanket...sooooo good. Then we headed home to watch USC kick butt in the Rose Bowl. GO TROJANS!!!!!!

I also spent the day reading New Moon...the second book in the Twilight saga...and I finished it too. I started Ecilpse this morning at work. I'm hoping...rather ambitiously...that I can get this book and the next one done before Monday. I need to get done as soon as possible so I can focus on student teaching, which I start on Monday.

Today hasn't been the greatest. Yesterday, mid-morning, I noticed that the left side of my throat was pretty sore. I knew right away it wouldn't end up well. When I got home from work, I checked it, and sure enough, my sore was back. In the last 7 months, I have now had this sore 4 times. My throat and glands get swollen, and I get a really nasty looking sore in the back left side of my throat. So, after work and a coffee meeting with my first cooperating teacher, my mom and I headed to urgent care to see what we could find out. After waiting for 2 hours, I finally got brought back to see a doctor. I had a fever of 100.3...bleck. Then the doctor came in and asked what was up and checked my heart..."deep breaths, now"...then he looked at my throat...this is what he said, "That looks terrible!!" He decided I needed to be tested for strep and mono...which I've been tested for the last two times I've had this stupid sore. They did the tests and both came back negative. But he decided to give me a shot of penicillin to try to combat whatever it is. So...after a total of three hours in urgent care, they swabbed my throat, pricked my finger, and stabbed my butt....and we still don't know exactly what this stupid thing is. He said that it is probably something to do with my tonsils...so the next time it comes back, I should head to an E.N.T. (Ear, Nose, & Throat Dr.), and that they may decide to take my tonsils out...YAY for me. So now I'm at home with a sore butt and feeling a little loopy and tired after taking some medicine for the pain. What a day!

I'm soooo looking forward to starting my student teaching experience on Monday. I just have a really good feeling about it. I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. For now, I think I'm gonna give in to the drug induced sleepiness.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

No comments: